Friday, December 4, 2015

Food Bank Day


Dear NDP,
Here's a copy of my Facebook post of December 4, 2015:



I think it's obscene that there are 97 food banks that serve over 100,000 people per month in BC.
Where's our sense of collective responsibility? Why are we not overcome by guilt at these statistics? How on Earth is it we have allowed our provincial government to become so irresponsible?
I know that making an annual donation on "Food Bank Day" doesn't do anything to solve the underlying problems.
And yes, I'm aware the NDP didn't do enough to solve this situation last time they formed government, but the statistics show the problem has grown exponentially since then.
So my "Food Bank" donation is going to the NDP, along with an exhortation to deal with this intolerable situation ASAP.
With a copy of the letter to Christy.



Sincerely,
W Justus Havelaar



cc: Premier@gov.bc.ca



No comments: