Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Terry

I met "TMoist" in September, 1973, when we both started at Carihi, having missed meeting him in Esquimalt, the RCNR (where we both became commissioned, if very junior, officers), and in Quesnel, where he worked one summer for an environmental organization of which Sandy and I were active members.
We have been friends ever since, and our paths have crossed and re-crossed regularly, so it's curious that the only photo I could find of him was from the summer of 1976, when he invited me to go sailing with him.
In the last few years we talked about another, but to my regret never managed it.
At my age one gets a bit numbed by the number of deaths among people we know, but this one is different: closer, and more personal: I'm really going to miss him.
--"Havelaar"

No comments: