Wednesday, September 8, 2021

A story

I downloaded our vaccine certificates this morning without issue. After one false start in which I pressed "done" and the certificate promptly vanished into the ether, I downloaded the certificate, took a screen shot, and saved that to my computer desktop. 
Now how to get them on our phones, so they would actually be useful? I researched using Dr Google and sweated for about 2 hours, trying to reverse a very simple process I use all the time, to wit, download photos from the iPhone to the iMac. 
Dr Google had lots of suggestions, many of which I tried. None of them was useful.
After I had tried everything I could think of without any glimmer of success Mike arrived to put the finishing touches on our solar array. I explained the problem, more to look at the possibilities one more time than expecting a result because, as he explained and as we know, he's not really either a computer guy or a Mac guy.
Finally he said, "Why don't you just take a photo?"
Which of course was the exact solution, and really, not to take anything away from Mike's intuition, in retrospect kind of obvious! 

After I sent her the story, Enid said, "You could email it to yourself". Which is an excellent suggestion, but not so useful if you're kind of old school and don't get email on your phone...

No comments: