Thursday, September 16, 2010

Long gun registry

14 September, 2010
Mr. Layton,
I appreciate your principled stand on the long gun registry.
However, the NDP candidate in Vancouver Island North, Catherine Bell, has in the past reportedly said she would vote to cancel the long gun registry if she defeats current MP John Duncan in the next election. He will, of course, vote to cancel the registry if he is in a position to do so.
Although I like Catherine and have admired her work as our MP in the past, and although I have supported her both financially and as a worker at election time, her position on the registry is, for me, a deal-breaker.
I will not support a party whose candidates and MPs cannot see that guns, having no other practical purpose than to kill, should at the very least be as vigorously documented and controlled as automobiles.
Yours very sincerely,

No comments: